Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Añez declares a hunger strike in the Miraflores prison

 The former president affirmed that she is ill and that she will use her "last strength" to demonstrate that electoral fraud was committed in 2019.

Former president Jeanine Añez declared herself on a hunger strike this Wednesday morning in the Miraflores prison, one day after the start of the trial against her for the Golpe II case.

"Bolivians: today from my cell in Miraflores, La Paz, I make one of the hardest decisions of my life. Today I am going on a hunger strike. I am desperate to see a country without justice or law. I see that my action can help the international community understands that justice belongs to Evo Morales and Luis Arce”, reads a letter written by the former president and read this morning to Página Siete Digital by her daughter, Carolina Ribera.

The former president indicated that she is ill and that she will use her "last strength" to demonstrate that electoral fraud was committed in 2019.

"I am sick, but I will use my last strength to show Bolivia and the world that these macho men of power will not be able to erase from history that they committed fraud. That they were found and resigned escaping from the country."

In addition, in the letter she asks her children to "fight for freedom" and that the country "does not forget her history."

"To my children: Bolivia is beautiful, love it, value it, fight for it and above all fight for freedom, that no tyrant take it away from you. I apologize to God for this action against me, but I hope that he can give me strength to understand its design and that my country does not forget its history”.

Añez she is accused of the alleged commission of the crimes of resolutions contrary to the Constitution and the laws and breach of duties.

In the case for which the trial against her will begin tomorrow, the former commander of the Armed Forces Williams Kaliman, the former commander of the Police Yuri Calderón and six other officers are also prosecuted.

Jeanine Añez